At the Ostrander Awards held Aug. 26 at the Orpheum Theatre, “Violet,” presented by Rhodes’ McCoy Theatre, won the award for Best Production in the college division. The annual Ostrander Awards honor excellence in Memphis theater.
“Violet” cast and crew also won in the following categories:
- Supporting Actress in a Musical: Destiny Freeman
- Leading Actress in a Musical: Jenny Wilson
- Supporting Actor in a Musical: Jason McCloud
- Leading Actor in a Musical: Deon’ta White
- Featured/Cameo Role: Jaylon Jazz McCraven
- Excellence in Direction of a Musical: Karissa Coady
In addition, Ryan Gilliam won an Ostrander for Leading Actor in a Drama in McCoy Theatre’s production of “Theophilus North.”
Congratulations to these winners and all McCoy Theatre nominees.